Our School History
The history of our school dates back to well over a hundred years when a small three-roomed school stood in the middle of the village of Buchanhaven. It was a typical rural school and served the local fishing community.
Our School Today
The present building was built in 1958 to cope with the increase of new housing in the area. Six classrooms were added to the rear of the school in 1962 and in the 1980’s another six classrooms were added to the front of the school to accommodate an increase in school roll.
At present our school building is being extended. The school has 19 classrooms, two Nursery areas, a Nurture Room and an administration area. The classrooms are well equipped, bright and airy. The classrooms to the rear of the school enjoy spectacular views across the golf course and out to the North Sea, St Fergus and Fraserburgh.
The school also has a large school hall with stage area, library, computer suite and a technology/music/art room.